Your First Visit
It's not just a cleaning, it's a life saver
We know that continuing care appointments are important. Evidence has shown a link between bacteria in your mouth and many other health risks. The most severe link is an increase in heart disease. Your total health is important to us. Here is a list of services we provide at your first visit. It's more than just a cleaning!
- Review of your medical history (Please, inform us of changes.)
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum (periodontal) disease screening
- Full mouth disease and tumor detecting x-rays
- Examination of your existing fillings
- Detection of new cavities
- Evaluation of your bite and the consequences of missing or crowded teeth
- Re-check fit of dental appliances (dentures, partials, retainers, sport guards, nightguards, etc.)
- Evaluate cosmetic needs to give you a more beautiful smile!
- Removal of hardened bacterial deposits (tarter or calculus).
- Removal of soft, sticky bacterial deposits (plaque)
- Removal of coffee, tea, and tobacco stains
- Floss and polish teeth to make them squeaky clean!
- Personal oral hygiene instruction plus the specific tools for your personal care at home
- Clean denture appliances
- Intra-oral photos (So you can see what we see.)
- Flouride and other medicaments
- Plan treatment for your total dental needs, including referals to specialists
- Inform you of cutting edge technology and treaments available